I find few pi is high, in a plane between Ámste rdam and Barcelona. As recently as three hours saying goodbye to one of my friends, a person you never forget and will live forever in my mind and heart: Roberto Alfonso.
Believe it or not, despite all that happened, I still can not believe that the next time you go home (because as he always said "your house is my home") or calls to mobile, I will have hear from you.
Since the tragic events pass over or December 30 to the present, has been very hard to accept that "the component of Boney M." had died. Apart from some media that "mocked" the figure of an artist who was no longer among us, fortunately has been shown and proven that Bobby was a great artist, someone I've made a mythical age as was the era of "Disco" 70's.
again immersed in the reality d you the facts and given the intense, real and special friendship Bobby joined me, could not miss her funeral, as it would be a great tribute which I could comment and live with Moi, who has not wanted to miss the farewell.
Although the ceremony was scheduled for Friday, January 6, for organizational reasons finally h to held on Saturday. However, I decided to travel to the Netherlands two days in advance to being reunited with my good friends Peter, Mark, Wendy and Casper.
The trip and stay in the Netherlands has been this time a very intense experience. Nothing more to earthen in Schiphol Airport, a Dutch newspaper I had an interview, which has already been published and I will show briefly in this blog.
next day (Friday) is expected very strong emotions. And it was. Mark, Wendy, Peter and I moved from Rotterdam to the Dutch capital to meet with some very special things for us. You can imagine the poker face to us was when, on entering the door of the restaurant saw Liz, Marcia and Maizie together, 21 years after the final dissolution of Boney M. With them were their husbands and managers. Liz and Marcia (which I have sort of known) was founded with me a big hug. I told them: "It's wonderful to see you together," and Marcia could answer "is wonderful to reunirno s but too bad it is for the circum stances already know." One by one I greet the staff. Thomas Pemberton, Marcus James, Donovan Nelson ("piece" plays an important role of some importance in Boney M.) and Miss Black and Beautiful Maizie Williams, who at 59 years is absolutely beautiful, like the famous title from obstenta adolescence. Montserrat from the Caribbean was very affectionate with me (Liz and Marcia told him about me because until then we had not met in person). He later joined the dinner the artist George Mc Crae, Jetty Weels (who, along with Edna and Maureen accompanied Bobby until his last performance in St. Petersburg) and Dagmar Englebrect, the creator of whimsical clothes that Boney M. paced all r drawbacks of the world, as their music ay magic.
While the dinner progressed, the team of the radio program "La Ventana
Two hours later a Dutch radio station I was on a live interview.
My answers to the media is obvious: if I speak of art ist talk about Bobby, but if I talk about the person, talk about Roberto. Because of my affection and deep friendship, Roberto RESALC figure above entertainment "show-business." Wanted to make or his humility and humanity was beyond the more than 150 million records sold over the course of Boney M.
After dinner and intense conversation with the three ladies, the clock indicated the time we go to sleep. The next day we had a special farewell.
At 10am in the morning Saturday January 8 were all (Moi arrived the night before) to the gates of Stadsschouwburg Theatre in Amsterdam, to pay tribute to the person who had gathered for a special occasion. That's when the feelings surfaced in us. Upon entering the interior of the theater I found Zanillya (daughter of Bobby) who hugged tightly and I conveyed my deepest love pés. From the first moment , Zanillya been concerned to stay informed promptly to avoid fa ltar the funeral of his father. She is like a sister to me (and I for her). Then I could hug Jasmina (former wife of Bobby ) Who was also affected by the facts. And so I could hug to Mary (mother of Bobby) and all siblings and children). A very emotional ceremony.
The ceremony was about to begin. The three ladies appeared with their respective husbands, and even a shy and discreet Tsiboe Reggie, who spent quite unnoticed by the audience. It was time for pictures or autographs, reasons why I left my camera at home. It was time to pay homage to the choir and swim like real "Daddy Cool" Bobby Farrell.
Minutes before the start of the event, friends known and lamented the absence of producer Frank Farian. Finally did not attend the funeral, although he had contacted Zanillya last night.
Everything was ready. The lights went out and began the fitting tribute that we all expected. Although by now you have seen images on the net, I can assure you that nothing can compare to the experience in the theater. The ceremony was carefully organized. Aruba 1st minister gave his speech including raising the figure of Bobby as "a great Aruban who led his country wherever he went." There was a monologue by a great comedian, a moving message of the speaker who first met a very young Bobby in his native Aruba, Zanillya emotive messages at the figure of his father, live music with incredible ballads of George Mc Crae (You so beautiful) and Gibson Brothers (Hey Jude), among others. And all this interwoven with videos where Bobby pulling big smiles appeared to the audience, and why not say, real loud, with the commentaries to which we had always used.
There were two moments of genuine emotion. John Lee played a particular "Sunny" ending with the refrain "Bobby, one so true, we love you." The public put up apl audiendo excited as we watched the background photo was in the scene where he prayed "Daddy Cool - Bobby Farrell."
and But l tribute emotional ecstasy reached when Maizie, Marcia and Liz went to the theater stage. Each gave his particular speech. Maizie said that Bobby was for her as a brother, who always came to him for advice. Liz said that every night Bobby came to his room (this comment elicited some smiles) and she read him passages from the Bible
is a real shame to see the original members of Boney M. 22 years together then ... but one is missing. The saddest part was knowing that had already begun the process of meeting the original lineup for this 2011. You read that right. Donavon Nelson (one of the architects of the album Boney M. Reunion 88 and Maizie manager) had contacted all the components to reconnect. Paradoxically Bobby was most pleased and happy I was for what was to come, till death crossed his path. Sometimes fate is capricious.
The ceremony at the theater ended with the song "Daddy Cool" mixed with different pictures of Bobby on stage with Boney M. To all this I would add something I have overlooked before. The coffin containing the remains was Bobby on stage, surrounded by flowers.
Then the hearse with the c uerpo Bobby moved to the cemetery where he would be fired for the last time. So there we went Moi and I, accompanied by family and friends. Maizie, Marcia, Liz and Reggie does not want to miss the chance to say their last goodbye to who was his companion of battles on stage.
Moi and I had a strange feeling. Somehow we were living a farewell to a stage of a cycle, the end of Boney M.? It is quite true that Boney M. is the combination of magic, music, image and charisma. But by Bob has always had an important weight in the group. And with his departure, and will not be the same. Although girls and Reggie to meet again, nothing will ever be the same. So, as we feared, something special has gone with Bobby.
Upon completion of all acts, we close with a great emotional burden of the family of Bobby. Jasmine, Zanillya (whom we made delivery of all messages sent on your part), Maria, Francisca, everyone was very grateful po our assistance. For me it was especially exciting to listen to each and every one of the family of Bobby say, Bobby always said you were like a son to him. Bobby always talking about you. In short, too many emotions for a sad day.
Moi from the cemetery and I went to the hotel for despedirno s of Peter, Mark, Wendy Maizie, Marcia and Liz. The three girls from Boney M. were very affectionate with us, especially Liz. For its part, Marcia said goodbye with a hug and a "through February."
Minutes after Moi dismissed me as my plane was leaving soon headed for Barcelona.
I tried to describe everything I've lived in these days of great intensity. More than likely I have forgotten the odd detail, so I apologize. I know many of you You might have wanted to be in the departure of Bobby. I have therefore tried to be moving this writing, that somehow, at some point you have been with Moi and me firing an artist and friend who will never forget.
Rest in peace brother.
0 comments:
Post a Comment